General Manager - 18130
Northern, AB CA
We’re looking for a General Manager in the transportation industry. We are looking for a strong manager who had successfully led large teams.
Our client is an industry leader that has been in the business for a long time, and they are well capitalized. They provide great opportunity for career growth, leadership training, and excellent compensation. The General Manager will be responsible for leading operations within Northern Alberta.
General Manager responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the senior leaders to develop corporate strategic initiatives
- Collaborate with the senior leaders to enforce company standards
- Manage operational employees including training and development, recruitment and onboarding, performance evaluations and corrective actions, and resolving employee complaints
- Evaluate the operations team’s organizational structure and employees
- Create a development strategic to grow and strengthen employees throughout the organization
- Provide hands on leadership to all levels of employees while embodying the company’s vision and values
- Ensure that safety is a top priority throughout the organization
- Recognize areas of opportunities within the regional and local markets
- Develop operational objectives and manage day to day operations to ensure high quality service to clients
- Cultivate meaningful relationships with key stakeholders to promote the company as an industry leader with exceptional service
- Collaborate with the maintenance team to ensure adherence to policies and procedures
- Collaborate with the health and safety department to ensure that the operations team is compliant to safety policies and procedure
The successful candidate has:
- 10+ years of experience in management, logistics operations, or transportation
- Degree related to management or business
- Strong attention to details alongside the ability to think about the overall view
- Strong negotiation, presentation, and communication skills
- Ability to successfully lead and execute operations initiatives
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to efficiently manage competing prioritizes
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office
- Ability to resolve issues through online platforms
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Candidates with additional experience and higher compensation expectations may also be considered
- Comprehensive benefits package
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director & Co-Founder
Recruiting Specialty: Executive Search
Cam is passionate about developing world-class teams. That is what he has done as Managing Director and Co-Founder at The Headhunters, and that is what he helps others to do. Cam's clients—a range of Fortune 500 through to owner-managed companies—know him as a strong leader, someone with an extensive network of top talent who delivers on his promises.
Throughout his far-reaching career, Cam has managed manufacturing teams in North America, retail crews, government teams with an international scope, and professional services organizations in Western Canada. Because he understands that great enterprises are made up of people who strive to reach their own full potential every day, his mission is to inspire people to achieve excellence. As an expression of that commitment, Cam sits on the board for the ThresholdImpact Venture Mentoring Service at the University of Alberta and actively mentors entrepreneurs inspired by those who came before him.
Cam is active in the entrepreneurial community throughout Western Canada and has been a member of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization in Vancouver. He is passionate about giving back, and in-line with this value he co-founded ClubNeed, an organization focused on creating unique adventure travel experiences while giving back to communities in Central America. Cam is the proud father of three, and is an active cyclist, runner and skier. He has completed a number of marathons, Gran Fondos and triathlons, including Ironman Florida.