Environmental Consultant/Project Manager - 17835
Vancouver, BC V6E 4E6 CA
Are you an experienced Environmental Consultant looking for your next career opportunity? Do you have a detail-oriented driven mindset with a desire to contribute to environmental initiatives? Are you organized, decisive and always up for a fresh challenge? If so, read on…
My client, a reputable Canadian Company is looking for a Project Manager or Environmental Consultant to join their team of service professionals. They have historically low turnover, amazing flexibility, career development opportunities, and due to growth are adding new members to their team. Besides being a great team player, you will be responsible leading and/or delivering contaminated site projects in a stable environment, with a long pipeline of work.
My client is committed to:
- Fostering a passionate and values-driven company culture and motivational work environment
- Providing ongoing training and career development opportunities
What the Environmental Consultant/Project Manager does:
- Implement multi-leveled contaminated site investigations including Phase 1 and Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessments, Remediation, Risk Assessment including field work appropriate to level experience; oversee all aspects of the project with senior technical support and review available
- Perform hydrogeological investigations, manage programs and conduct studies for the evaluation of environmental risk assessment from regulatory requirement
- Oversees all phrases of projects including overseeing field work and budgets, developing work plans and cost estimates, and final report production
- Provide recommendations to clients on variety of technical issues associated with contaminated site investigations
- Connect with new clients and maintain current relationships within the industry
- Provide leadership to junior staff and provide technical direction
- Support the development of Company’s protocols and procedures
What the successful candidate will bring:
- Undergraduate/Graduate Degree in Engineering; Geology, Soil Science, Environmental Science, Toxicology or related engineering discipline
- 5+ years of environmental consulting experience
- Proven ability to comprehend and interpret relevant BC and Canadian environmental regulation, guidelines and standards
- Proven project management abilities in relation to contaminated site investigations
- Previous experience in contaminated site investigation
- Excellent technical writing skills and attention to details
- Experience in developing and administering project budgets, and work plan or proposal writing
- Strong interpersonal, team management and negotiation skills
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Ability to mentor, coach and encourage team spirit
In return, what you can expect:
- Opportunities to grow within the company
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Salary and other compensation will be based on the experience of the selected candidate.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Specialty: Engineering & Operations
As Principal, Dave builds and maintains relationships with our partners. Drawing on over a decade of global recruitment and business development experience, his market knowledge is an invaluable resource to organizations of all sizes. Dave has ambitious goals to work collaboratively with current and new clients to develop cutting-edge, proactive workforce solutions. He has a proven record of exceeding clients’ expectations and cultivating sustainable and mutually-beneficial partnerships.
Dave is also a specialized and consultative recruiter with a focus in Engineering, Manufacturing, Construction and Operations positions. He has a reputation among his clients for implementing unique search strategies to attract top talent and build cohesive teams. Dave has a realistic understanding of how his clients’ businesses function in today’s world and what they will need to thrive in the future. Moreover, he has a deep network, refined ability to spot technical talent and match it with the most suitable company culture.
A former teacher, Dave knows how best to coach and guide individuals he works with. He takes the time to fully understand their goals, encouraging them to develop and follow a career path that is unique to their skills, talents and aspirations. Working with them as their consultant, he opens doors, acting as a conduit between great candidates and high-calibre career opportunities.
Dave holds an MBA in Global Management and a BBA in Marketing. He is an enthusiastic supporter of Big Brothers of Canada and the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and is a Board member for The Vancouver Society of Children’s Centres, where he sits on the HR & Governance, Finance and Nominations Committees. He is an avid traveler and sports enthusiast, coaches his son’s tee-ball and soccer teams, and enjoys hockey, golf, cycling, baseball, basketball, tennis and skiing.