Environmental Consultant - Biologist (Vancouver, BC or Vancouver Island) - 18746
Vancouver, BC V6E 4E6 CA
Environmental Consultant – Biologist (Vancouver, BC or Vancouver Island)
Our client, a thriving environmental consultancy in BC, is looking for an Environmental Consultant with a Biology background, to join their growing team. As part of their team, you will contribute to diverse projects across various industries, enjoying a flexible 37.5-hour work week with the option to work from home or either office. Unlike your typical firm locally, our client has created an environment where driven individuals seeking more opportunities, can quickly advance as well as manage their lifestyle. Travel is limited and you’re home most evenings. If you’re concerned about stability, nothing to worry about…the pipeline of reputable clients/projects (private & public sector) on their list for 2024 and beyond, is lengthy and impressive. If you’re interested in learning more, please read on…
- Coordinate and execute environmental planning projects
- Direct multi-disciplinary project teams and manage client and regulator communications.
- Collaborate with clients to define project scope, objectives, and budgets.
- Prepare comprehensive reports detailing site conditions, impact assessments, and recommendations.
- Conduct technical fieldwork in your area of expertise.
- Drive business development by expanding your professional network and retaining clients.
- Provide technical direction and mentorship to junior staff.
- 5+ years of consulting and project management experience.
- Registered Professional Biologist (R.P.Bio.)
- Strong consulting skills, including project management, client service, and business development.
- Proficient in technical writing and experienced in Environmental Impact Assessment.
- Knowledge of BC environmental policies, regulations, and assessment skills in urban areas.
- Critical thinking skills with a holistic approach to urban development and environmental considerations.
- Excellent client service and people skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Salary range $80,000–$120,000+, commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- 100% employee-owned organization.
- Employee and Owner Profit Share Program.
- Flexible work arrangements and daily work hours.
- Medium-sized organization with ample opportunities for career development.
- Annual company retreat and various allowances.
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Specialty: Engineering & Operations
As Principal, Dave builds and maintains relationships with our partners. Drawing on over a decade of global recruitment and business development experience, his market knowledge is an invaluable resource to organizations of all sizes. Dave has ambitious goals to work collaboratively with current and new clients to develop cutting-edge, proactive workforce solutions. He has a proven record of exceeding clients’ expectations and cultivating sustainable and mutually-beneficial partnerships.
Dave is also a specialized and consultative recruiter with a focus in Engineering, Manufacturing, Construction and Operations positions. He has a reputation among his clients for implementing unique search strategies to attract top talent and build cohesive teams. Dave has a realistic understanding of how his clients’ businesses function in today’s world and what they will need to thrive in the future. Moreover, he has a deep network, refined ability to spot technical talent and match it with the most suitable company culture.
A former teacher, Dave knows how best to coach and guide individuals he works with. He takes the time to fully understand their goals, encouraging them to develop and follow a career path that is unique to their skills, talents and aspirations. Working with them as their consultant, he opens doors, acting as a conduit between great candidates and high-calibre career opportunities.
Dave holds an MBA in Global Management and a BBA in Marketing. He is an enthusiastic supporter of Big Brothers of Canada and the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and is a Board member for The Vancouver Society of Children’s Centres, where he sits on the HR & Governance, Finance and Nominations Committees. He is an avid traveler and sports enthusiast, coaches his son’s tee-ball and soccer teams, and enjoys hockey, golf, cycling, baseball, basketball, tennis and skiing.