Engine Shop Technician - Aviation Industry - Abbotsford, BC - 18678
Abbotsford, BC V2S 1A2 CA
Engine Shop Technician – Aviation Industry -- Abbotsford, BC
Our client, specialized in the aviation Industry, is seeking an Engine Shop Technician to join their team. Not only are they going through an exciting growth phase, but they have also partnered with some of the world’s more reputable firms, resulting in a long pipeline of work.
They specialize in maintenance, repair, and overhaul services. They have gained a reputation for their superior service and expertise, especially in the field of Pratt and Whitney engines. Their core values revolve around the relentless pursuit of excellence, prioritizing quality, safety, and ongoing enhancements.
As an Engine Shop Technician, you will play a pivotal role in the core business activities. Your responsibilities will include disassembling, cleaning, inspecting, assembling, balancing, and ensuring the airflow of gas turbine engines align with manufacturer specifications and company procedures.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Complete all documents related to the task being performed.
- Clean & inspect engines/components as required.
- Disassemble engines as required.
- Assemble/build engines, modules, and all sub-assemblies.
- Prepare engines for dispatch.
- Ensure behaviors consistent with compliance to quality, health and safety, and business policy.
The successful candidate has:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in engine/aircraft maintenance, preferably with PT6T, PT6A, PT6B, and/or PT6C. Experience with PW100 and PW200, Rolls Royce, or other comparable engines would also be considered.
- Quality System experience.
- Experience of working within a Part 145 environment.
- Problem-solving and proactive approach.
- Effective communicator at all levels.
- Committed, focused, enthusiastic.
- Assertive and adaptable with good interpersonal skills.
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive salary ($80,000 - $100,000 / $38/hr to $48/hr), plus overtime and benefits plan being offered, including company pension plan.
- Opportunity for bonus
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Free parking
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Specialty: Engineering & Operations
As Principal, Dave builds and maintains relationships with our partners. Drawing on over a decade of global recruitment and business development experience, his market knowledge is an invaluable resource to organizations of all sizes. Dave has ambitious goals to work collaboratively with current and new clients to develop cutting-edge, proactive workforce solutions. He has a proven record of exceeding clients’ expectations and cultivating sustainable and mutually-beneficial partnerships.
Dave is also a specialized and consultative recruiter with a focus in Engineering, Manufacturing, Construction and Operations positions. He has a reputation among his clients for implementing unique search strategies to attract top talent and build cohesive teams. Dave has a realistic understanding of how his clients’ businesses function in today’s world and what they will need to thrive in the future. Moreover, he has a deep network, refined ability to spot technical talent and match it with the most suitable company culture.
A former teacher, Dave knows how best to coach and guide individuals he works with. He takes the time to fully understand their goals, encouraging them to develop and follow a career path that is unique to their skills, talents and aspirations. Working with them as their consultant, he opens doors, acting as a conduit between great candidates and high-calibre career opportunities.
Dave holds an MBA in Global Management and a BBA in Marketing. He is an enthusiastic supporter of Big Brothers of Canada and the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and is a Board member for The Vancouver Society of Children’s Centres, where he sits on the HR & Governance, Finance and Nominations Committees. He is an avid traveler and sports enthusiast, coaches his son’s tee-ball and soccer teams, and enjoys hockey, golf, cycling, baseball, basketball, tennis and skiing.