Director of Finance - 18725
Winnipeg, MB . CA
Our client, a Canadian leader supporting the agriculture sector with operations in Canada and the United States is seeking a Director of Finance to lead the day to day finance functions in addition to supporting the CFO and CEO in financial planning and analysis including in-depth financial analytics, forecasting and budgeting.
- Coordinate the day to day accounting functions for small group including managing the Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable.
- Lead all financial planning and analysis including forecasting, budgeting and cash flow management.
- Develop key financial models.
- Preparation and presentation of monthly, annual and periodic financial reports with relevant analysis and comments.
- Coordination of the year end audit.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, cost reductions and new initiatives.
- Establish and control budgets across all departments.
- Ensure sufficient internal controls in place to safeguard the organization.
The successful candidate has:
- A CPA designation with a minimum of 7 years of financial management, in-depth knowledge of accounting software and financial analysis.
- Experience within light manufacturing including product costing and inventory control.
- Comfort in a hands-on finance role while having the ability to lead higher level planning and analysis functions.
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Dynamics 365 experience very desirable.
- A self starter with an analytic mind, excellent operational and communication skills.
- A team player who can effectively work with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage tight time-lines and multiple priorities.
Compensation and benefits:
- Excellent compensation package.
- Career growth and mentorship under a seasoned CFO.
- The opportunity to contribute to the continued growth and success of an industry leading Canadian organization.
Meet Your Recruiter
CPA, CGA, Principal
Recruiting Specialty: Senior HR, Finance, Executive Search
Drawing on over a decade of senior recruitment experience, Barry specializes in placing top talent in senior finance, human resources and executive search. His passion to stay on the cutting edge of business development leads him to exceptional candidates who drive his clients’ organizations toward new heights. A professional accountant with more than 20 years in senior leadership positions, Barry knows exactly who his clients need to build strong teams and propel their organizations forward.
Barry partners with his clients with a highly consultative approach to help them develop long-term human capital strategies to drive growth and sustainability. He purposefully places candidates in positions where they are bound to succeed. Frequently, satisfied candidates refer others to Barry because of the rewarding experience they had with him.
Barry is a member of CPA Manitoba and has served on the boards and audit committees of a number of public and private companies. In his free time, Barry enjoys adventure travel with his family, mountain hiking, stand-up paddling, great food and wine with friends and watching a good movie.