Director of Accounting - 18389
Vancouver, BC V6B 5C6 CA | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE CA
Our client is an industry-leading group going through a significant amount of growth in North America, providing a multitude technology solutions that improves people’s lives and experiences. Seeking an experienced finance leader to manage a team of accounting professionals, the Director of Accounting will be responsible for leading, developing, and mentoring the accounting teams of several business units.
Director of Accounting Responsibilities:
- Oversee all operational accounting activities including month-end closing and general day-to-to banking
- Develop and lead team members through performance management and continuous mentorship and training
- Monitor and review internal financial reporting
- Collaborate with corporate accounting and external auditor requests
- Annual budget preparation and forecasts including variance and quarterly statements
- Continually monitor and improve processes and efficiencies
- Build and maintain collaborative and inclusive relationships with team members, colleagues, and external partners
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- CPA designation
- Public company experience is an asset
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong experience with financial reporting
- People-focused mindset
- Effective leadership and project management skills
- The discussed salary range is between $150,000 - $180,000 depending on experience, plus equity
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Work-from-home flexibility
- Top tier office environment
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Specialty: Accounting & Finance
As President, Georgia applies her exceptional leadership skills to drive success and growth for The Headhunters. She ensures our team delivers high-touch, consultative service to our clients, and fosters an environment of support and respect for candidates. Astute and forward-thinking, Georgia makes strategic decisions to ensure the organization stays cutting-edge in the ever-changing recruitment landscape. Known for her authentic leadership style, she upholds the values on which The Headhunters was founded.
Georgia first joined The Headhunters in 2012, and over the past decade has had tremendous success placing administrative, accounting and senior finance professionals. In 2017 she was promoted to Branch Manager in Vancouver, and in 2020 became Director of Recruitment. As Director, she managed the recruitment and sourcing teams across Canada, navigating many organizational changes and challenges, including the COVID-19 global pandemic.
In addition to leading the team, Georgia continues to run an active recruitment desk, specializing in the placement of senior accounting and finance professionals. She is a strong relationship builder and thrives on creating win-win outcomes for clients and candidates.
Georgia is passionate about people, both at work and at home, and strives to be a community leader and a good example. She is, with her husband, raising two exceptional daughters and they are making the world a better place.