Controller - 18676
Sherwood Park, AB T8H 2W8 CA | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE CA
As their Controller, you'll play a pivotal role in the company's ongoing success, not just managing finances but shaping their future. This isn't just a job; it's a launchpad for your finance career. Grow alongside the company and over time carve your path toward a VP Finance role.
Dive into diverse accounting experiences, from AR and AP, payroll to financial statements and budgeting and forecasting, where each day presents fresh challenges and opportunities.
- Perform bookkeeping duties, including accounts payable/receivable, bank reconciliation, and financial statement preparation.
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations, including general ledger maintenance and expense management.
- Develop and implement financial policies, procedures, and controls for accurate reporting.
- Process payroll, ensuring compliance with tax laws and employment standards in Alberta.
- Ensure compliance with tax laws and regulations, coordinate tax returns, and optimize tax planning strategies.
- Prepare and present timely and accurate financial statements, providing insightful analysis.
- Establish and maintain internal controls to safeguard company assets and comply with legal requirements.
- Coordinate and manage internal and external audits, mitigating financial risks.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA designation.
- Proven work experience as a Controller or similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles, financial regulations, and financial analysis techniques.
- Strong proficiency in financial management software, ERP systems, and Microsoft Excel.
- Understanding of Employment Standards Code in Alberta.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills.
- A hybrid work model, enjoying the best of both worlds while collaborating with a dynamic team.
- Open communication is the norm, with an open-door policy, ensuring your voice is heard and valued.
- Salary $110,000 to $120,000
- Offices located in Sherwood Park
- Opportunity for growth.
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director & Co-Founder
Recruiting Specialty: Operations, Engineering & Marketing
After a rewarding 30 years of recruiting in South Africa and Canada, Danielle built The Headhunters from the ground up in 2009. Her business achievements are predicated on people, since she understands profoundly that companies are successful because of the individuals they hire and the leadership they cultivate.
Drawing on her extensive recruitment experience, as well as managing the operations and branding of her own businesses, Danielle specializes in the recruitment of operations, engineering and marketing professionals. She partners with her clients to resolve critical vacancies, and with her highly consultative approach, helps them develop long-term human capital strategies to drive growth and sustainability.
Danielle rose quickly during her early career through the ranks of Fortune 500 and Deloitte Best Managed companies in various management roles. In 2014 Danielle was named one of the Top 100 Women in Business in Alberta. Danielle was a finalist for EY Entrepreneur of the Year™ 2014 Prairies, and in 2013 she was nominated for the RBC Women of Influence Award.
Danielle, the mother of five children, strongly believes in balancing family, work and service to the community. In keeping with that spirit, she and her family run a not-for-profit organization called Saving the Hungry, leading teams to support community projects in developing countries.