Controller - 18435
Winnipeg, MB R2J 3T5 CA
Our client is seeking a seasoned Controller to manage the financial operations of the company including financial reporting, providing strategic financial guidance to senior executive and leading the finance team. The Controller will report to a highly respected and accomplished CFO and inherit a talented accounting team.
Our client is committed to:
- The opportunity to lead a finance group in long-standing and successful Manitoba company.
- Positive, collaborative company culture.
- Great mentorship with seasoned CFO and leadership group.
Reporting to the CFO, key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and analyze the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Provide oversight to the day-to-day accounting operations including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and general accounting functions.
- Oversee the job costing accounting function, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of financial reporting.
- Provide financial guidance and analysis to project management to support decision-making and strategic planning.
- Develop and maintain internal controls to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial reporting.
- Liaise with external auditors and tax advisors to ensure compliance with all statutory reporting requirements.
- Identify areas for process improvement and implement changes to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of financial operations.
What the successful candidate will bring:
- A CPA designation with a minimum of 5 years of senior finance leadership, preferably in the construction industry.
- Experience managing job cost accounting and financial analysis.
- Highly developed financial reporting skills and ability to manage time effectively to meet reporting deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage and develop a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
In return, what you can expect:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Excellent work life balance and extremely positive work environment.
- The ability to join a very successful and highly regarded Manitoba company that values and rewards its people.
- The opportunity to mentor with a seasoned CFO and lead a great finance team.
Meet Your Recruiter
CPA, CGA, Principal
Recruiting Specialty: Finance & Operations
Drawing on over a decade of senior recruitment experience, Barry specializes in the placement of senior finance and operations professionals. His passion to stay on the cutting edge of business development leads him to exceptional candidates who drive his clients’ organizations toward new heights. A professional accountant with more than 20 years in senior leadership positions, Barry knows exactly who his clients need to build strong teams and propel their organizations forward.
Barry partners with his clients with a highly consultative approach to help them develop long-term human capital strategies to drive growth and sustainability. He purposefully places candidates in positions where they are bound to succeed. Frequently, satisfied candidates refer others to Barry because of the rewarding experience they had with him.
Barry is a member of CPA Manitoba and has served on the boards and audit committees of a number of public and private companies. In his free time, Barry enjoys adventure travel with his family, mountain hiking, stand-up paddling, great food and wine with friends and watching a good movie.