Controller - 18373
King, ON L7B0G7 CA
Our client, a leader in the sports and recreation industry is seeking a seasoned Controller to lead all financial activities for the Group. The successful candidate must be fully bi-lingual in Mandarin & English language.
Reporting to the Executive and Ownership group, the Controller will drive the business planning, budgeting and financial reporting for the organization.
- Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team.
- Oversee the preparation, financial reporting and presentation of financial information.
- Manage the process for financial forecasting and budgets.
- Establish and develop relationships with senior executive and all external partners and stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain sufficient internal controls to safeguard assets of the organization.
- Oversee the treasury function including cash flow planning and investments.
- Participate in developing new business initiatives, business plans, identifying new funding opportunities and ensure financial and operational success through cost-benefits analysis.
- Coach and mentor the finance team and be the voice of finance across the organization.
The successful candidate has:
- 10+ years in a senior finance leadership role.
- A CPA designation with Big 4 public accounting firm experience is desirable.
- Must be fully bi-lingual in English & Mandarin.
- Breadth of finance experience across accounting, tax, financial reporting & analysis, budgeting & forecasting and internal controls.
- Ability to engage with staff across all levels of the organization.
- Proven experience to set business strategy and drive process improvement.
- Ability to coach, develop and mentor a finance team.
Compensation and benefits:
Positive culture, great people in a growth oriented and highly regarded sports and recreation group.
- The opportunity to make an impact and support the executive in driving the business forward.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Meet Your Recruiter
CPA, CGA, Principal
Recruiting Specialty: Finance & Operations
Drawing on over a decade of senior recruitment experience, Barry specializes in the placement of senior finance and operations professionals. His passion to stay on the cutting edge of business development leads him to exceptional candidates who drive his clients’ organizations toward new heights. A professional accountant with more than 20 years in senior leadership positions, Barry knows exactly who his clients need to build strong teams and propel their organizations forward.
Barry partners with his clients with a highly consultative approach to help them develop long-term human capital strategies to drive growth and sustainability. He purposefully places candidates in positions where they are bound to succeed. Frequently, satisfied candidates refer others to Barry because of the rewarding experience they had with him.
Barry is a member of CPA Manitoba and has served on the boards and audit committees of a number of public and private companies. In his free time, Barry enjoys adventure travel with his family, mountain hiking, stand-up paddling, great food and wine with friends and watching a good movie.