Construction Contract Coordinator - 18641
Winnipeg, MB R2J 3T5 CA
Our client, a leader in the Manitoba construction space has created a new position and seeking an individual oversee all their construction contract responsibilities. Reporting to the CFO, this position will review, modify and administer all construction related contracts and provide sound legal advice to mitigate risk to the company.
Our client is committed to:
- Provide a unique opportunity to lead this area in newly created position.
- Excellent work/life balance within a positive, collaborative company culture.
- Working with a strong and supportive executive group.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Pre-bid review and providing a summary of legal risks associated with each contract.
- Write construction contract supplemental conditions.
- Administering subcontracts, generating individual subcontracts and modifying standard terms when required.
- Write and modify existing CCDC or construction contracts to meet individual project needs (JV contracts, 5B's, ad hoc supplier agreements and real estate agreements).
- Prepare legal communications and provide drafts for default notifications, demands and other correspondence.
- Support dispute resolution (mediation, arbitration & litigation).
- Prompt pay adjudication and administering the adjudication process.
- Review internal policies and external communication from a legal risk perspective.
- Administer and manage the ongoing Builders' Risk policies (initial applications, extensions, insurance warranty follow-up)
- Manage the annual insurance policy renewals.
- Develop policies to assess subtrade risks.
- Ongoing special projects as required.
What the successful candidate will bring:
- 3-5 years of legal experience within the construction industry or law firm specializing in construction contracts.
- Strong knowledge of construction contract law and preparing, modifying and assessing risk within various contract requirements.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
In return, what you can expect:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Excellent work life balance and extremely positive work environment.
- The ability to join a very successful and highly regarded Manitoba company that values and rewards its people.
Meet Your Recruiter
CPA, CGA, Principal
Recruiting Specialty: Finance & Operations
Drawing on over a decade of senior recruitment experience, Barry specializes in the placement of senior finance and operations professionals. His passion to stay on the cutting edge of business development leads him to exceptional candidates who drive his clients’ organizations toward new heights. A professional accountant with more than 20 years in senior leadership positions, Barry knows exactly who his clients need to build strong teams and propel their organizations forward.
Barry partners with his clients with a highly consultative approach to help them develop long-term human capital strategies to drive growth and sustainability. He purposefully places candidates in positions where they are bound to succeed. Frequently, satisfied candidates refer others to Barry because of the rewarding experience they had with him.
Barry is a member of CPA Manitoba and has served on the boards and audit committees of a number of public and private companies. In his free time, Barry enjoys adventure travel with his family, mountain hiking, stand-up paddling, great food and wine with friends and watching a good movie.