Clinical Counsellor - 18512
New Westminster, BC V3L 3X1 CA
Clinical Counsellor responsibilities:
- Provide individual and group counselling interventions for substance use and concurrent disorders.
- Perform client intake assessments and conduct assessments to identify progress of patients.
- Develop collaborative and integrative treatment plans for patients and provide additional resources to patients, relevant to their treatment process.
- Liaise with substance use and mental health professionals in the community.
- Ensure all required documentation is accurate and complete.
- Participate in some training programs when need be.
- Master’s Degree in a related discipline such as clinical counselling, clinical psychology, or social work required.
- Minimum two years’ relevant work experience.
- Registration with a regulatory or professional organization (e.g., BCACC, BCCSW).
- Program experience in the community social services sector with a demonstrated working knowledge of community-based programs.
- Proficient in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), motivational enhancement, and evidence-based interventions.
- Knowledge of theories and best practice related to substance use and concurrent disorders.
- Experience working in a licensed facility is an asset.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Standard First Aid with CPR-C.
- Evidence of COVID-19 vaccination status.
- Evidence of a Tuberculosis Test and compliance with the TB Control Program.
- This position requires union membership.
- Salary $41.78 - $51.14 (dependent on experience)
- Comprehensive benefits package.
Meet Your Recruiter
Kate is passionate about people, which has been a driving force in her career. With six years of experience in people management and eight years coaching and developing teams, she is known for her empathy and ability to connect. From her diverse and well-rounded experience, she brings expertise in recruitment, training, revenue planning, customer relations, sales forecasting, event management, account management and business growth strategy. Clients appreciate her ability to provide consultative advice above-and-beyond simply hiring.
Customer service has always been a top priority for Kate, and as a Recruitment Consultant this is evident in her relationships with clients and candidates. She emphasizes that a job is never “just a job” and understands the integral role that each employee plays in her clients’ organizations, as well as the role that a job plays in an employee’s overall professional trajectory. She coaches candidates to develop a long-term vision for their career.
Kate was born and raised in South Africa, where she completed a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, a Postgraduate Degree in Education, and started her career. She has since relocated to Vancouver, and has first-hand experience navigating the challenges of immigrating and building a career in a new country. She loves nature and the outdoors and is enthusiastic about health, wellness and fitness.