Civil Engineer - Land Development / Municipal Projects - 17525
Richmond, BC V6V 3B7 CA
Are you a Civil Engineer with experience in municipal and land development infrastructure projects? Are you ready to join a dynamic workplace and build strong client relationships? Are you highly organized with in depth knowledge of contract administration services and requirements?
My client, a reputable Canadian engineering firm, is looking for a Civil Engineer to join their team. Besides working closely with management, the Civil Engineer will be responsible for overseeing various municipal and land development infrastructure projects as well as leading the design and construction administration activities of multidisciplinary project teams. The ideal candidate for this role will have strong interpersonal and organization skills and a desire to leverage their already impressive skillset.
My client is committed to:
- Fostering a passionate and values-driven company culture and motivational work environment
- Providing ongoing training and career development opportunities
What the Civil Engineer does:
- Oversees municipal and land development infrastructure projects including water supply, sewers, roads, and waste management
- Leads the design and construction administration activities of multidisciplinary project teams
- Provides technical direction, training, and coaching to team members
- Identifies new business opportunities and builds and maintains strong client relationships
- Participates in professional associations and committees
- Reviews and seals design drawings and schedules
What the successful candidate will bring:
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering and Professional Engineer (P.Eng) designation
- 5+ years of Engineering experience with land development and / or municipal projects locally
- Proven skills in engineering design and public dedication (servicing agreements, development coordinated works, etc.)
- Experience utilizing engineering design, municipal, and supplementary municipal specifications
- Knowledge of road works, water works, storm works, and sanitary works
- Project management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
In return, what you can expect:
- Above average compensation
- Opportunities to grow within the company
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Salary and other compensation will be based on the experience of the selected candidate.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Specialty: Engineering & Operations
As Principal, Dave builds and maintains relationships with our partners. Drawing on over a decade of global recruitment and business development experience, his market knowledge is an invaluable resource to organizations of all sizes. Dave has ambitious goals to work collaboratively with current and new clients to develop cutting-edge, proactive workforce solutions. He has a proven record of exceeding clients’ expectations and cultivating sustainable and mutually-beneficial partnerships.
Dave is also a specialized and consultative recruiter with a focus in Engineering, Manufacturing, Construction and Operations positions. He has a reputation among his clients for implementing unique search strategies to attract top talent and build cohesive teams. Dave has a realistic understanding of how his clients’ businesses function in today’s world and what they will need to thrive in the future. Moreover, he has a deep network, refined ability to spot technical talent and match it with the most suitable company culture.
A former teacher, Dave knows how best to coach and guide individuals he works with. He takes the time to fully understand their goals, encouraging them to develop and follow a career path that is unique to their skills, talents and aspirations. Working with them as their consultant, he opens doors, acting as a conduit between great candidates and high-calibre career opportunities.
Dave holds an MBA in Global Management and a BBA in Marketing. He is an enthusiastic supporter of Big Brothers of Canada and the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and is a Board member for The Vancouver Society of Children’s Centres, where he sits on the HR & Governance, Finance and Nominations Committees. He is an avid traveler and sports enthusiast, coaches his son’s tee-ball and soccer teams, and enjoys hockey, golf, cycling, baseball, basketball, tennis and skiing.