Chief Risk Officer - 18732
Calgary, AB T2P 0N7 CA | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE CA
Chief Risk Officer Responsibilities:
- Lead teams in Enterprise Risk, including Regulatory Risk and Mortgage Fulfillment.
- Communicate performance expectations, coach, mentor, and develop employees.
- Foster a culture that enhances employee engagement and retention.
- Establish and manage risk tolerance for mortgage products.
- Provide oversight on regulatory compliance activities.
- Develop and implement bank procedures, guidelines, and risk standards.
- Collaborate with B2B sales team to maximize sales opportunities.
- Lead the bank’s value proposition with the executive team.
- Utilize analytics to optimize business processes.
- Support executive/management teams with deep analysis and recommendations.
- Contribute to enterprise-wide risk discussions.
- Contribute to Asset Liability Committee (ALCO) and Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) discussions.
- Ensure appropriate financial risk management oversight is maintained.
- Minimum 15 years' senior leadership experience with mortgage lending, regulatory compliance, audit or risk management within the banking and/or financial industry
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field (Business, preferably B.Comm/MBA)
- Recognized compliance, legal, or risk management designation preferred., such as: Certified Anti-Money Laundering certificate (CAMS); International certificate in banking risk and regulation (CAMLI); Certified Information Privacy Professional designation (CIPP); Risk Management designation and/or an operational risk management certificate
- Solid business acumen and expertise in regulatory compliance.
- Base salary of $230,000 depending on experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director & Co-Founder
Recruiting Specialty: Executive Search & Operations
Cam is passionate about developing world-class teams. That is what he has done as Managing Director and Co-Founder at The Headhunters, and that is what he helps others to do. Cam's clients—a range of Fortune 500 through to owner-managed companies—know him as a strong leader, someone with an extensive network of top talent who delivers on his promises.
Throughout his far-reaching career, Cam has managed manufacturing teams in North America, retail crews, government teams with an international scope, and professional services organizations in Western Canada. Because he understands that great enterprises are made up of people who strive to reach their own full potential every day, his mission is to inspire people to achieve excellence. As an expression of that commitment, Cam sits on the board for the ThresholdImpact Venture Mentoring Service at the University of Alberta and actively mentors entrepreneurs inspired by those who came before him.
Cam is active in the entrepreneurial community throughout Western Canada and has been a member of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization in Vancouver. He is passionate about giving back, and in-line with this value he co-founded ClubNeed, an organization focused on creating unique adventure travel experiences while giving back to communities in Central America. He also volunteers with the Northern Alberta YMCA. Cam is the proud father of three, and is an active cyclist, runner and skier. He has completed a number of marathons, Gran Fondos and triathlons, including Ironman Florida.