Chief Executive Officer - 18428
Winnipeg, MB R3G 2A7 CA
You are an established executive management professional with extensive experience and demonstrated success in effective strategic planning, marketing, business development, team management and results-driven leadership in the private and/or public sector. You possess the skills and experience required to successfully transform a business vision into clear strategies to achieve the desired results. You have a business mindset with the ability to see the “big picture” and demonstrated skill to drive an organization’s development toward long-term success.
Our client, The Canadian Corps of Commissionaires, Manitoba Division is seeking a Chief Executive Officer. As part of a national not-for-profit organization, the Manitoba Division employs over 900 people to make Canada safer with a mandate to promote the cause of veterans through the creation of meaningful employment opportunities for former members of the Canadian Armed Forces, Allied Forces, the RCMP, and others who wish to contribute to the security and well-being of Canadians.
As Chief Executive Officer, you will:
- Provide strategic leadership and growth of the organization by identifying short and long term strategies and incorporating them into an effective business plan.
- Comply with Board Policies, ensure timely and complete reporting to the Board on operational management, administration, human resources, policy direction and financial performance and controls of the division.
- Ensure continued viability and growth of the Division by developing an annual business plan that reports on progress and/or risks addressed and evaluation of outcomes.
- Generate organizational commitment to the vision and to action that is aligned with the organization’s strategic direction, business plan and supports of the objectives of the Federation Strategic Plan.
- Identify and cultivate new business opportunities for employment of Commissionaires within the Division that align with the Division’s social mandate.
- Strengthen the Division’s brand/reputation by establishing and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stake holders (clients, law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities, government agencies and the business community).
- Manage the cost-effective delivery of security and enforcement services to clients throughout Manitoba and support a high quality management system.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with Commissionaires Canada, by actively contributing to and participating in national and regional initiatives.
- Ensure fair and consistent treatment of all employees with uniform application of corporate policies, values and practices.
- Develop, inspire and direct an effective leadership team to achieve the Division’s objectives, initiatives, and financial sustainability.
- Promote an effective communication and marketing program to grow market share and manage media relations.
What the successful candidate will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or a combination of related education, training and experience with 10+ years of progressive experience in a strategic and operational leadership role.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing, developing and maintaining innovative business partnerships and relations with national and regional colleagues.
- Experience in strategic and operational planning and execution, marketing and public relations.
- Demonstrated success and experience in business development with the ability to identify and capitalize on new business opportunities.
- Knowledge of financial systems, controls and budgetary reporting procedures.
- Exceptional organizational, team building, problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to create and maintain a productive work environment.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience within the Security Industry, Canadian Armed Forces, RCMP or Policing is desirable.
In return, what you can expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- The opportunity to lead a highly regarded organization with a strong and supportive board and collaborative management group.
- Excellent work/life balance in a CEO role with the opportunity to introduce new ideas and lines of business to take the organization forward.
- The ability to lead across a number of business units in helping making Canada a safer place.
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Meet Your Recruiter
CPA, CGA, Principal
Recruiting Specialty: Finance & Operations
Drawing on over a decade of senior recruitment experience, Barry specializes in the placement of senior finance and operations professionals. His passion to stay on the cutting edge of business development leads him to exceptional candidates who drive his clients’ organizations toward new heights. A professional accountant with more than 20 years in senior leadership positions, Barry knows exactly who his clients need to build strong teams and propel their organizations forward.
Barry partners with his clients with a highly consultative approach to help them develop long-term human capital strategies to drive growth and sustainability. He purposefully places candidates in positions where they are bound to succeed. Frequently, satisfied candidates refer others to Barry because of the rewarding experience they had with him.
Barry is a member of CPA Manitoba and has served on the boards and audit committees of a number of public and private companies. In his free time, Barry enjoys adventure travel with his family, mountain hiking, stand-up paddling, great food and wine with friends and watching a good movie.