Chartered Professional Accountant - Intermediate to Senior - 7849
Saskatoon, SK S7K 2B1 CA
Are you a Chartered Professional Accountant in Canada who enjoys serving clients? Are you experienced in public practice but tired of working long hours and not getting paid overtime? Do you want to be in charge of your own hours? Do you have a strategic mindset with a desire to meaningfully contribute to a close-knit, small firm experience set for steady growth? Are you driven, dynamic, and always up for a fresh challenge?
Our client, a reputable Saskatoon small accounting and financial services firm, is looking for a Manager or Senior Manager to join their team of service professionals. The Senior Manager will closely collaborate with the Managing Partner and the team to manage a variety of key accounting, tax, finance, and business development processes. The ideal candidate will be a career driven self-starter who is excited by the opportunity to expand with the organization.
Our client is committed to:
- Fostering a passionate and flexible culture and work environment
- Providing excellent client work to expand your passion for small public practice
What the CPA does:
- Works on, manages and reviews NTR’s, some Audits and Reviews, US Tax Returns, Re-Org's, a variety of Tax engagements and other financial advising to many different types of clients.
- Executes all deliverables in accordance with timelines and schedules.
- Manages engagement teams, providing recommendations as needed, supervising accounting technicians. Assigns tasks and projects to junior staff; provides career development opportunities and training for staff.
- Maintains relationships with clients through clear communication and an understanding of industry, business trends, market developments, and key performance drivers.
- Manages existing client portfolios and conducts quality assurance on all work completed; pursues new clients through business development initiatives with the Owner.
What the successful candidate will bring:
- CPA designation & 1-4 years of progressive post-designation experience.
- Working knowledge of the CPA Canada Handbook, review procedures, and tax compliance (e.g., Corporate Tax T2).
- Prior experience working with a variety of industries is considered an asset.
- Excellent project management, time management, and leadership skills.
- An innovative and independent mindset; comfortable collaborating with team members and clients.
- An analytical mindset, ability to maintain high attention to detail whilst working under tight and changing deadlines.
- Proficient digital and technical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
In return, what you can expect:
- Opportunity to eventually grow into an equity position
- Flexible work arrangements and work/life balance
- The opportunity to join an incredibly easy going team with great culture
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Salary and other compensation will be based on the experience of the selected candidate.
Meet Your Recruiter
RPR, Senior Recruitment Consultant
Jacqueline recruits for a wide variety of roles and industries in Saskatchewan, as well as Sales professionals in Manitoba. She brings over 20 years of professional experience in recruitment, human resources, consulting, executive administration and active mentorship. Leveraging her background in HR and entrepreneurship, she understands how to drive business success through effective people strategies. She has filled roles for organizations across diverse industries, effectively sourcing for small teams, large corporations, and everything in between. She is a true consultant, able to provide guidance on workforce planning, organizational structure, retention and performance management. Dedicated and hardworking, Jacqueline never backs down from a challenging search.
Jacqueline approaches her candidate relationships with respect and understanding. Appreciating her ethics, integrity, and sage advice, many of her candidates have returned to her time and time again for coaching. A true 'people person' and an adept listener, she is energized by her candidates’ stories. She grows her network through genuine and empathetic interactions.
A dedicated mother and wife, Jacqueline loves spending time with her family, enjoying the summer sun on her acreage with friends, and supporting her kids in competitive hockey.