Assistant Director General - 18376
Kuujjuaq, QC J0M 1C0 CA
Our client is a regional supra-municipal organization looking to add an Assistant Director General to their leadership team. Located in Kuujjuaq, Quebec, our client fosters a values-driven organization that provides an opportunity to make a contribution to the community and its people.
Reporting to the Director General, the Assistant Director General will coordinate and manage the operational affairs of the regional government, including oversight of 13 governmental departments.
Assistant Director General responsibilities:
- Development and execution of all projects, files, and programs of the local government
- Support in both external and internal negotiations of renewal and collective agreements
- Oversee the department directors’ work as assigned and reporting progres to the Director General
- Support the preparation and review of the annual budget, monthly budget variance reports and annual financial statements
- Oversight of and participation in Executive Committee and Council meetings
- Coverage and support of Director General in their absence
- Assist with other duties when required
The successful candidate has:
- Post-secondary in administration or a related feild. A combination of post-secondary studies and experience equivalencies may be considered
- Previous experience in a management role or multidisciplinary team experience
- Experience in municipal management and economic development
- Proven track record in operational, financial, and budget management
- Proficient comprehension of the operation of the federal and Quebec governments
- Strong analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Written and verbal fluency ideally in two (2) of the following languages: Inuktitut, English, and French
- Must be the ability to travel and be comfortable living in a remote community
Compensation and benefits:
- Comprehensive benefits package, health benefits, and pension.
- Food allowance
- 6-weeks vacation and 3 annual leave trips
- Full relocation
- The opportunity to make a significant contribution to the community and its people
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Meet Your Recruiter
CPA, CGA, Principal
Recruiting Specialty: Finance & Operations
Drawing on over a decade of senior recruitment experience, Barry specializes in the placement of senior finance and operations professionals. His passion to stay on the cutting edge of business development leads him to exceptional candidates who drive his clients’ organizations toward new heights. A professional accountant with more than 20 years in senior leadership positions, Barry knows exactly who his clients need to build strong teams and propel their organizations forward.
Barry partners with his clients with a highly consultative approach to help them develop long-term human capital strategies to drive growth and sustainability. He purposefully places candidates in positions where they are bound to succeed. Frequently, satisfied candidates refer others to Barry because of the rewarding experience they had with him.
Barry is a member of CPA Manitoba and has served on the boards and audit committees of a number of public and private companies. In his free time, Barry enjoys adventure travel with his family, mountain hiking, stand-up paddling, great food and wine with friends and watching a good movie.