Assistant Controller - 18668
Edmonton, AB T5P 4C3 CA
The Assistant Controller will play a pivotal role in the finance department, working closely with the Director of Corporate Accounting, and will have significant exposure to the senior leadership team within this large and well-established organization.
Assistant Controller responsibilities:
- Demonstrating excellent full-cycle accounting skills
- Supervising and mentoring three junior accountants.
- Proficiency in data analytics and cost accounting, ideally
- Contributing to financial reporting and analysis
- Assisting in budgeting and forecasting activities
- Collaborating with other departments to ensure financial compliance and integrity.
- Pursuing a professional designation or already designated
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and financial regulations
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills
- Proficiency in data analytics and cost accounting, a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The discussed salary range is $60,000 - $80,000 depending on experience.
- Candidates with additional experience and higher compensation expectations may also be considered.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, and retirement plans
- Opportunities for career advancement.
- Exposure to senior leadership and ongoing professional development
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director & Co-Founder
Recruiting Specialty: Executive Search & Operations
Cam is passionate about developing world-class teams. That is what he has done as Managing Director and Co-Founder at The Headhunters, and that is what he helps others to do. Cam's clients—a range of Fortune 500 through to owner-managed companies—know him as a strong leader, someone with an extensive network of top talent who delivers on his promises.
Throughout his far-reaching career, Cam has managed manufacturing teams in North America, retail crews, government teams with an international scope, and professional services organizations in Western Canada. Because he understands that great enterprises are made up of people who strive to reach their own full potential every day, his mission is to inspire people to achieve excellence. As an expression of that commitment, Cam sits on the board for the ThresholdImpact Venture Mentoring Service at the University of Alberta and actively mentors entrepreneurs inspired by those who came before him.
Cam is active in the entrepreneurial community throughout Western Canada and has been a member of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization in Vancouver. He is passionate about giving back, and in-line with this value he co-founded ClubNeed, an organization focused on creating unique adventure travel experiences while giving back to communities in Central America. He also volunteers with the Northern Alberta YMCA. Cam is the proud father of three, and is an active cyclist, runner and skier. He has completed a number of marathons, Gran Fondos and triathlons, including Ironman Florida.